Overview: Kellwood designs, manufactures, and markets a growing collection of premier fashion brands across a broad range of consumer lifestyles including Briggs NY, Democracy, Jolt, My Michelle, and Dresses.
Responsibilities: The ideal candidate will report to the Creative Director and demonstrate expertise and knowledge in apparel design concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish Design departmental goals. Candidate will have proven success in a Junior Apparel Design environment. Individual will partner closely with Technical Design, Product Development, Production and other Design-related Divisions.
• 6 plus years' of recent Juniors experience in a design house
• Proficient in Excel, Photoshop, and Illustrator
• Experience Knits and Woven preferred
• Ability to creatively mix fabrics and trims
• Ability to source and develop with China suppliers
• Ability to adapt to pricing structure to service private labels
• Ability to work in a fast pace environment
• Working knowledge using Web PDM
• Comparable brand experience servicing private labels